If you’re passionate about veterinary medicine, good at communicating with both clients and co-workers, and enthusiastic about a career in the veterinary field, we want to talk to you!
The Associate veterinarian works with the Practice Owner and Practitioner Team to define and implement medical policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care. The purpose of this position is to maintain animal health by diagnosing, preventing and treating disease / injury. The Associate Veterinarian works under the direct guidance and supervision of the owner doctor of Airport Veterinary Clinic. The Associate Veterinarian is to make every effort to help improve the quality of care given to the patients of Airport Veterinary Clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide compassionate care to patients.
· Work with the Medical Director to set practice medical policies and procedures; perform all duties in accordance with them.
· Active participation in professional organizations and community activities.
· Communicate objectives, motivate staff, build and maintain morale; maintain core values and standards.
· Help to develop new programs and processes that meet clients’ changing needs.
· Set an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promote the concept of the client-centered environment.
· Deliver in-house medical training to the support staff when asked to do so.
· Promote cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a unit.
· Perform physical examinations using preliminary data provided by the veterinary technicians; diagnose physical condition and present diagnostic and treatment alternatives to the client being sensitive to their emotional as well financial needs.
· Perform medical, surgical and dental procedures; provide emergency services in accordance with hospital standards of care.
· Prescribe medications in accordance with manufacturers label instructions and uses.
· Understand common side-effects and common drug interactions with other medications.
· Understand and perform treatment orders from other veterinarians; make necessary changes in treatment plan when diagnostic results support the decision to do so.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What Makes Us Unique?
We are a family-owned and operated mixed-animal veterinary clinic. Our employees have become part of our family over the last 38 years, and we’d like to invite you to join us!
What makes us different as an employer:
· Flexible Work Schedule
· Work/Life Balance
· Medical Autonomy
· Paid CE
· Paid Professional Dues
· Competitive Compensation
· Future Ownership Opportunity
· Amazing Support Staff
To inquire about or apply for this position, feel free to contact our Practice Manager, Megan Holscher Bilyeu, at 812-877-3087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org